Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Time to put on the big girl panties

Well, not to sound completely selfish and self-centered, but everyone please keep their fingers crossed! I got a phone call today that they want me to come for an interview at one of my "dream jobs" in Wauseon. I wasn't able to set up a for sure date and time yet though, because I didn't get the phone call until after I left my clinical today, but I did call back and said that I would try to pick up a Saturday in the next few weeks so that I can get a date set for sure for the interview. The woman that I have been talking to about it sounded very optimistic, but she also mentioned that they would like to do the "interviews" in the late afternoons, meaning that they are obviously interviewing more than one person for this position, so I am trying not to get my sights set on it just yet, but you never know! If this would work out it would mean, NO MORE HOUR LONG COMMUTE one way. I would be close enough to home that I wouldn't have to worry so much about bad weather days and I am fairly sure that the hours are similar to the hours that I have now at Montpelier (which I love love love more than 10 hour days). I am supposed to call this woman back tomorrow evening on her cell phone to get a day and time set up that would work for both of us and then I will be doing my first big-girl PT interview! I know I will have a lot of practicing to do ahead of time, but let's all keep our fingers crossed that it goes amazingly well.

In other news, please keep praying for my cousin and her family. She came home from the hospital yesterday, but it sounds like she's pretty exhausted from the whole ordeal (as anyone would be). It's no fun for an 11 year old to have to go to the hospital, so please just keep her in your prayers.

As for me, I am going to be hitting the books pretty hard this week, both to study for the NPTE and to study for the interview. I'm so nervous about the whole thing because I really really really want to make a good impression!

No comments:

Post a Comment