Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Home Stretch

2 more working days. I am starting to get a bit sad about leaving the people I've been working with, even though I will not be sad at all to leave these long hours and not getting home until 7:30pm. As much as I have enjoyed my Thursdays off, I will gladly go back to working 5 days a week just to be able to enjoy some daylight. And this week, I'll be spending the majority of my Thursday off finishing up my assignments and submitting them for the clinical, so that's no fun.

I'm also not too thrilled with the email I received this evening from our clinical coordinator. She wasn't demanding anything of us, but just states that she is "taken aback" by the fact that we have not all contacted our upcoming clinical sites and spoke with them about the clinical that we are starting in 2 weeks. First of all 1) we are all working full time and this week is especially crazy given the fact that we have all of these ridiculous assignments to turn in during the last week. 2) SOME of us are working 12 hour days and our clinics are closed by the time we get out of work and have a chance to call. 3) That clinical doesn't even start for another 2 weeks, not 2 days. 4) If you wanted us to contact our clinical sites so far in advance, you probably should have sent out an email saying so, because I don't remember ever being told that I was supposed to contact them a MONTH ahead of time. 5) Some of us received information from our clinical sites saying not to contact them until ONE WEEK before the clinical begins, so this is pretty contradictory in my opinion.....So I am a little "taken aback" by the fact that I was scolded via email tonight. But I guess that's just how some people are. I guess if it was my JOB to be the clinical coordinator and I was getting paid to coordinate these clinicals, I would have sent out an email to my students reminding them to contact their clinical sites, but whatever...

My week also isn't going the most spectacular because of the fact that I've got one of the worst back aches of my life and it absolutely HAS GOT to be taken care of by the time I start my next clinical. I stupidly decided to rearrange my living room furniture by myself on Sunday and, although it looks very nice, my back is now paying the price. Luckily, I've been taking my Bayer back and body faithfully and that's making my days tolerable. I think it's safe to say that my living room is going to be arranged this way for quite some time unless someone comes over to help me change it around next time.

On the plus side, the past couple of days at work have gone by super fast. Most of the time, I would not like to be so busy, but being busy has made the days just fly right by. Yesterday our last patient cancelled, so we got to leave early and today we were extra busy at the end of the day, so it went by very fast. I'm sure tomorrow we will be double booked all day long, which isn't always a great thing, but maybe the day will go as fast as today did and then I will finally get to my day off to work on assignments all day. Yipee. I just have to keep telling myself that only 2 days and one more clinical stands in the way of me and graduation.

No comments:

Post a Comment