Friday, March 19, 2010

All by myself.

Today I was "on my own" so to speak at my clinical. My CI was off today, and since the clinic has been pretty short-staffed anyway, I was asked to take on my own full caseload. That may not seem like a very big accomplishment to anyone else, but to me, it is. This is my first week of the clinical and I am already taking on a full caseload of my own. I love it.

I was a tiny bit nervous about taking on patients of my own, but overall I think it went very well. There were no serious issues and I felt that I contributed a lot to the clinic by working with patients on my own today. I may not know everything that there is to know, but I think I am getting the hang of it. They do a much better job of documentation than any other clinic I have ever been to (which is a good thing), so I am still getting used to that part. I'm also still trying to get used to the weekly meetings and what those are all about, but overall I think it's pretty safe to say that if they came to me on Monday and said that they wanted to hire me, I would be more than willing to sign on. Unfortunately, I think that they are looking for a PTA, not a PT. Oh well. Maybe I can convince them to change their minds.

Nothing else is new with me. I've really been enjoying this nice weather, but it sounds like today was the last day of that. I love love love being home around 5pm every day to actually get outside and enjoy the sun for a while. I also love the fact that we have more daylight at the end of the day, because I have been doing a much better job of studying for the NPTE. I'm taking tonight off of studying, but tomorrow it's back to business. The whole "getting hired at a job" deal is motivating me to study my little heart out. I have so much work to do and so little time to do it. One night off per week is about the maximum I am going to allow myself from now until the test day.

No comments:

Post a Comment