Monday, March 8, 2010

Spending money to make money

After two days of being entirely lazy, I have decided to get off my butt and accomplish some things today. I went shopping this morning for some new clinical clothes and an outfit for interviews (this is assuming that I will get asked on interviews - which I better). My shopping trip was pretty much a dud. I was having bad luck everywhere. I decided to stop at Target first, because they supposedly were going to have all kinds of swimsuits on sale for $14. Well, all their swimsuits sucked, and then I realized that I shouldn't even buy one until I find out if I am going to get a job where I'll need to do aquatic therapy, because in that case, I'll need a one-piece anyway.

From Target, I went to Old Navy, where every single shirt was v-necked and flimsy...not the kind of shirt I can wear for a clinical and clip a name badge to. At the mall, every store was the same way and the dress shoes at Payless sucked. I ended up having to pay $20 for a pair of dress shoes for clinical and to me, that is not paying LESS, so the store shouldn't even be called that.

From there, I stopped at the food court for lunch and ordered from Magic Wok. I sit down to eat and realize that my chicken is barely even cooked through. It was cooked, but BARELY, so it tasted nasty and I had to throw most of it away.

I went to the Verizon store to cancel my plan because they suck and the manager tells me that it's going to cost $330. Um NO. I shouldn't have to pay that much at all. The paperwork I signed said $175 and I shouldn't even have to pay that after what I've been through with their crappy company. He finally told me that if I take all my equipment back to the store in Wauseon where I got it, I might be able to get a better deal. So now tomorrow I have to do that.

I ended up finally finding some decent dress clothes at Express, so go figure. The only clothes that looked decent were at one of the most expensive stores in the mall. So I ended up spending $150 on two outfits for interviews. I hate that, because it is so nerve-racking to spend so much money on clothes for interviews when you need the JOB to PAY for the clothes for interviews. Ugh.

I get home and start looking at my resume and realize that, although one of my instructors at school reviewed it and said it was good, it actually looks like crap when I print it out. So I called my uncle and asked him if he would look over it. I had him take a look at it, and luckily he had some really good suggestions for making it look better, so now I am spending the remainder of my afternoon fixing the resume that I thought I had done. At least I got a second opinion on it before sending it out, because I am pretty sure that I would have gotten ZERO job interviews with the one I had. I think it will look much better once I get the changes made that he suggested. After that, I'm preparing my cover letters. Should be a really exciting evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment