Monday, March 29, 2010

Autopilot

I am pretty much running on auto-pilot at this point. My life consists of working 8 hours / day, coming home to check my phone messages and email, grab a quick bite to eat, feed the cat, study for the NPTE, and stress over my upcoming job interviews and worrying about what kinds of questions I am going to be asked and what kinds of questions will be appropriate for me to ask. I really don't know what I am going to do with myself when things calm down and all I have to worry about is just working 8 hours per day.

I think I am losing my mind when it comes to studying for the NPTE. I am pretty much trying to teach myself everything I need to know to become a physical therapist in approximately 6 weeks. I'm currently on chapter 3 of the book and I already have a stack of notecards that is about 6 inches tall. I'm freaking out that I am going to forget things that I have already reviewed. It wouldn't be such a big deal if I wasn't interviewing for a job that (if I were to get the job) would want me to start ASAP after graduation. That pretty much means that if I get this job offer, I have to pass the NPTE on the first try. I'm doing everything in my power to make sure that happens. I'm studying for at least 3 hours per day and taking the $300 review course on May 10-11. Thank goodness I bought the review book ahead of time. I would be losing my mind for sure if I didn't have any guidance on what to study. I'm already stressed out enough over the sheer volume of material that there is to learn.

Keep your fingers crossed that something works out with one of these upcoming interviews. It will be so much less stressful to have a job lined up. Even if it means I have to work harder to pass the NPTE on the first try ASAP after graduation, it would still be comforting to know that I have a job waiting for me and not have to worry about how I am going to pay my rent.

No comments:

Post a Comment