Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My screaming back

Oh goodness, I am tired and stressed. I can't even focus on what I should be studying tonight. I had really high hopes that I would actually be productive tonight, but it's not looking so good at this point. Looks like I'll be taking a shower and going to bed early and dreaming about the day when some of this stress is taken care of.

My presentation at work went well today. I am not a big fan of public speaking at all, but I managed to get through it without chopping my words up too bad or sounding like an idiot. I was only asked 2 questions at the end. To top it all off, an "anonymous someone" paid for my lunch, which was really nice! I just ended up thanking everyone, because the person who did it would not step up and say who they were. I felt pretty special though.

As much as I do love being where I am at, we have a very "interesting" mix of patients right now. My CI and I have a caseload that consists mainly of patients who require moderate to maximum assistance. It's really hard on my back. There are a couple of patients who I have to pretty much lift their entire body weight to get them up out of a chair. That's hard work, especially when you are trying to stand close to the side of a wheelchair and lift. There is no good way to do that without straining your back. Let's just say, I'm pretty sure I will have finished this bottle of Bayer Back and Body by the end of this week and will need to re-stock ASAP. This is actually good for me though. I have actually learned a lot this week by working with a different variety of patients and I am definitely learning a lot about using proper body mechanics and what can happen when you don't!

It's so hard to believe that I only have one week left at this clinical. It has just flown by so fast. That's how you know you're in the right place to work. The days/weeks fly by so fast and you don't dread getting up in the morning to do it all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment