Monday, May 31, 2010

Back to studying..and freaking out

I've gotten a little off track this past week with studying. It's making me a little nervous, but I think it'll be ok. I spent most of last week helping my cousin put in a new sidewalk for someone here in town. It was a good learning experience. I'm glad we did it. Plus, it was a great workout and I got to be outside. I definitely got a tan. It was in the 90s every day and this place had NO shade. I'm even peeling a little bit. Gross.. But it was a good week and we did a good job. The homeowner was happy.

Now it's back to work on studying for the NPTE. According to the official website, I am finally eligible to take the exam and I should be getting the letter I need to register either tomorrow or Wednesday. I know a couple of people in my class have registered for June 7, but I don't think I'll be ready by then. I'm thinking of scheduling it for June 11 or June 14. The way things are going right now and the way my stomach turns into knots whenever I even think about registering for this exam, I'm thinking it might be the 14th. We'll see how confident I feel after taking another practice test tomorrow.

The only other news in my life is that I officially joined an online site for people who want to lose weight and get fit. It's supposed to be very motivating and helpful. I think the best part about it is that you can write down everything you eat and then others can see it and make comments. I don't really want to hear anyone yelling at me for eating junky fried foods, so I'll be more likely to stay away from them (I think). We'll see how it goes. After seeing some pictures of myself that were taken this weekend, I think all I really need to do is just keep looking at those pictures and no food will sound good what so ever. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment