Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My job is studying

At this point, my blog posts could go one way or the other. I may not be posting for a while, because after taking that review course, I've pretty much determined that my weak areas include every single area of the NPTE and now I have to develop a study plan that includes many many hours of studying per day until I take the exam. However, I might just need to find some way to take a study break every day and maybe I'll just blab on and on about things that no one really cares to read about anyway. Either way, I will be studying my little heart out for the next few weeks. I have even set up my "study plan" for each day for the rest of May. My goal is to take the NPTE on June 1. We'll see if the school can get my paperwork in on time for that to occur.

The lady who did the review course told us that we should study approximately 4 hours per day. However, I know I'm going to need at least 8 hours per day of studying to get to where I need to be to pass this exam. This is going to be the most intense studying I have ever done in my entire life. Here are just a few of the study tips that I am using to help myself get through it:
  • We have been told that the exam is 80% attitude, so....I AM going to pass this exam. Hard work and dedication always pay off. I'm going to pass it. I have worked too hard to get to this point and slack off. I'm going to give it my all and do my absolute best. I'm going to make the most out of each day that I have to study and use my time wisely and efficiently.
  • I have already written out what topics I am going to study each day from now until the end of May. I'm going to stick to that schedule and not deviate. Sorry social life. I'm going to miss you.
  • My mid-day study break will be either doing p90x (if the weather is crappy) or going outside for a run/walk. I refuse to spend these next 3 weeks sitting around eating food and being lazy while I study. I will do something active every day as my "study break."
  • One practice test per week with 2 practice tests the week before the exam. I WILL pass them.
I have not yet decided if I am going to do the majority of my studying at home or go to the library. I think I'll probably just end up staying home. That way I don't have to do my hair and put makeup on. I can just be a lazy bum. However, I'm going to have to devise a plan to help me avoid any distractions that come along with staying home...the main distraction being Facebook. If anyone sees me on Facebook during the day between now and June 1, please send me a message and tell me to get back to work. Studying is my job for the next few weeks. I won't get a paycheck unless I do it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment