Sunday, May 16, 2010

Big Fail

I was pretty much nothing but a big failure this weekend. I need to step it up into high gear. I've lost all motivation to study. I was doing really good for about 2.5 days and then I lost all my steam. I think at this point, I'm starting to realize that there is just a lot of information that I do not know that I need to know and it's too scary to try to learn.

For example, when studying prosthetics and orthotics, it's really hard to learn what each one is and what it's used for without a picture. Do you think the study book or review guide come with pictures? No. Do you think I have time to look them up in a separate book when I need to study "efficiently?" No. However, I attempted to learn all about orthotics and prosthetics for about 2 hours and can not repeat any of it back to anyone...therefore, wasting those 2 hours of study time, because I retained...nothing.

There's about 10,000 charts of very important/vital information such as gait deviations, normal values of blood proteins, etc. I know I am going to have to have these charts memorized, so I read the chart, but reading it does not help memorize it and when I realize that, my brain turns to mush.

I wish I had one of those brains that soaked up information like a sponge and I could just read things once or twice and remember them. Oh no, I'm pretty sure I have undiagnosed ADD, because I can read things 500 times and still really learn them. Instead of undiagnosed ADD, I think I have an undiagnosed learning disability. Seriously. I have to work so much harder than other people do just to learn stuff. It's no fair!

Needless to say, my positive attitude is slipping away. I need it to come back for that 80% that it's supposed to count for on the exam. I've decided to give myself the rest of the night off from studying since I can't seem to be productive about it at all....and tomorrow I'll hit the books again....hard.

In other news, I went and looked at a house today. I am nowhere near ready to purchase a house seeing as how I haven't even started my job yet and am nowhere near saved up for a down payment. However, it was fun to look. The house I looked at was small and cozy. It was all updated on the inside, had an awesome yard, a 2 car garage, a patio with a hot tub, but the bedrooms were itty bitty. The master bedroom was only big enough for a queen sized bed and that was IT. No room for end tables even or a dresser. Plus the house was over-priced because the owners have just updated it. It's always fun to look, but I think I'll keep looking. I have to pass the NPTE before I even get a paycheck, so that's my #1 priority for the time being. Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment