Monday, May 17, 2010

Retail therapy, thank you

So I'm feeling a little bit better about the whole studying for the NPTE thing today. I got in 8 hours of studying, which, in reality, is probably about 6 solid hours of good studying, so I'm happy. I didn't get as far as I wanted to be by this point, but I'm making progress.

I'm probably also feeling better about the fact that I just put myself through some pretty intense retail therapy. I haven't been shopping in so long, and I really don't have the time or energy to drive to Toledo or Ft. Wayne to shop, so I just spent a half hour shopping online at Old Navy and Kohls. $100+ later, I am going to have a new wardrobe by the end of the week. I've found that moving so many times last fall actually destroyed a lot of my shirts. You see, I am the laziest mover ever. I don't pack my clothes up. I just take them off the closet hangars and all and throw them in my car. Well, 90% of my shirts are developing little holes in the arms from being pulled on the edges of the hangars. So I need lots of new shirts. Plus, even though one of the major perks of my job is to be able to wear scrubs every day, I still am going to need/want to get dressed up occasionally, so new shirts were definitely in order. I finally took care of the issue while sitting on my couch wearing sweatpants. I saved enough in gas money to offset the cost of the shipping.

Not much else is new in my life. Study study study. That's pretty much it. One week from today is my Ohio laws exam. I've been told that it's not a big deal to wait and study for that a few days beforehand, so now I'm just focused on studying for the big one. Tomorrow I'm studying neuro all day and then taking another practice exam. Wish me luck! Although if I fail another one, I will be sure to keep trying harder!

No comments:

Post a Comment