Friday, September 18, 2009

"Attitudes count more than achievements"

This is my new motto. I read it in a book this week, and I really like it. What good is being a DPT and CSCS if you have a bad attitude about it? The whole point of pursuing this career was to help other people. Why wouldn't I want to get the best I can out of my education so that I can do the best I can with that knowledge when I start working? Three big clinicals are coming up and it will be time for me to "show my stuff" by putting my knowledge to work. If I really want to help people, I need to have a good attitude about it. I really feel like God put me on this earth to help others and from now on, I'm going to try my hardest to always have a good attitude about it.

As far as school goes, it's pretty hectic right now. There are approximately 3 weeks until I am done with classes forever (excluding continuing ed courses). That is a good feeling. It won't be long until I'm sending out resumes and scheduling Boards.

In other news, I have a date tonight with a guy from W.U. I've known him for a long time, just kind of lost touch for the past few years. It should be fun. We're supposed to be going to the Williams County fair. Although, I would just like to point out that one date does not make a relationship and I have certainly not been searching for a relationship, so we'll see how it goes!

3 comments:

  1. Well the "other news" is certainly news that causes a :) to appear. Hope it goes well. And your ideas on attitude are very sound. Its a bit of a tweak on the golden rule I think. We all want to be dealt with by someone with a good attitude so why not be that way ourselves? Cause for a double :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, this think was being goofy with my login, the above was from Tim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I had a really good time tonight, so we will see how it goes. I was just going to ask who "anonymous" was until I read your second comment, lol. Thanks again. I think I have finally made up my mind that having a good attitude just makes life better in general. Good things happen when you think positive thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete