Monday, September 7, 2009

Countdown to May...or maybe just October 13

Well, I probably won't get too many updates in this week. It's going to be a hectic one. Although, it was nice to have the day off today. I had a great weekend with my nephew and the rest of my brother's family. It was so good to see them and meet baby Wyatt. He is an adorable baby!

Now it's back to the real world, or as real as it gets in PT grad school I guess. I have a lot of work to accomplish on my scholarly project, a trauma rehab observation at Toledo Hospital at 8:30 am Thursday morning followed by a 4 hour break and then class till 6:30 pm, and (unfortunately) I see that we're doing a lot of group work this week in class...sigh. It's going to take a lot of caffeine to keep me motivated. I think I need a countdown of the number of days left until my scholarly project is due. Maybe that will give me a kick in the behind to get it finished.

There is nothing much else new with me at all. I feel like I've been pretty anti-social lately. It all started with the major study marathon for the CSCS exam, but now I can't decide if I'm just being lazy or if my idea of "fun" has changed over the past month or two. Maybe it's a little bit of both. I think trying to save money has a little something to do with it also. Either way, I've been perfectly happy just sitting at home watching tv on Friday and Saturday nights. This is either a pathetic or wise decision...haha.

However, I have decided that from now on, I will find something positive about each day, even if that day has been rough. Today's positive note has to do with the fact that I found an "error" in my registration at UT last week. We are supposed to do our own registration, but our faculty decided to change it at the last minute and add a class and drop a class. They did this as a "batch registration" for us. Well, come to find out, I was never de-registered from the class that I was supposed to be de-registered from. Since we're considered full time status anyway, I didn't think it would make much difference in the amount I paid for my tuition, but I sent an email about it just in case. You never know, sometimes those classes cost $400+! Well, the error was resolved and I received my refund check in the mail this weekend. I opened it today and it was a whopping $5! But hey, it was $5 that I didn't have before. With that $5, I can get a $5 footlong, a 6-pack of 24 oz. pepsi bottles at the grocery store, or two new ringtones for my cell phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment