Monday, September 14, 2009

Countdown to Scholarly Project completion

If I learned anything at all today, it is that I seriously need more patience. Although I have gotten better, I have a long way to go. I had a frustrating morning driving all over Toledo from campus to campus all to get some papers signed for my clinical. After all that fun, I had a meeting with my SP advisor and then class from 2-4. Although we lucked out today and only had class until 4, it was still pretty frustrating to sit there until 4:15 as the guest speaker went over. In the grand scheme of things, 15 minutes is not that big of a deal (and I keep trying to tell myself this), but I couldn't help but be frustrated. I really need to grow out of this ASAP, because I am 100% certain that working in health care means that you don't leave work on time very often.

On the plus side, I don't meet with my SP advisor again until October 1st! Apparently, I either really impressed him with the amount of work I've gotten done so far or he just doesn't care about my project anymore since it didn't get accepted for the OPTA conference. Either way, we both agreed today that I'm almost done with it! yay! I can't wait until that project is completed.

On the downside, I have three papers to write this week...and a looming "PT business plan" to get done by the end of the semester (three weeks from now). No more being lazy, it's time to get to work! My goal is to really crank out the papers this week so that I can enjoy my weekend and then focus on finishing my SP next week. We'll see if I really accomplish that goal or not. All I got done tonight was setting up the format for each paper and saving the files. And now that football is on, that's all I will get accomplished tonight. My goal is to have a very productive Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday!

Keeping with the theme I started last week - Today's positive note was: although there were 70 cattle loose on US20 today, I did not hit any of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment