Friday, September 11, 2009

Gleaned vs. Gleamed

Well, I can't even make myself work on my scholarly project anymore. I got my chart done and got EndNote installed. That's all the work I can manage to do in two weeks time. I don't even know how to use EndNote in combination with Word (which my paper is in), so I guess I'll just stop here until someone shows me how to do it.

The trauma rehab observation went well yesterday morning. I thought it would be a lot more "traumatic" than it really was. I did realize that I could never work there though. I was lost in about 5 minutes of walking around and the parking garage was pretty annoying. Usually you can exit without having to go around and around every single floor, but not this one. You have to wind around and around and around through every floor and through construction on every floor until you can exit. I was only on the 3rd floor, but by the time I got out, I was starting to feel a little claustrophobic.

Other than school, my plans for this weekend are to watch a lot of football. My plans should include writing an 8-9 page paper for advanced exam/eval, but that won't happen. I really don't see how I can outline treatment plans for patients who don't even have a weight-bearing status. Plus, I don't really feel like gleaming and gleaning (two of Dr. H's words of choice for how we should write this paper). So...I'm pretty sure I'll end up ignoring the paper for the weekend just relaxing yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment