Monday, September 21, 2009

Monday Monday

It's gonna be a long week...Thank goodness I'm almost caught up on all the papers that are due. I hate leaving things for the last minute, even though I do my best work under pressure. I'd rather get all of this out of the way, so I can focus on finishing up this scholarly project that I've been avoiding. I think when it is complete, I will throw myself a huge celebration. Even if I am the only one celebrating, I will be so relieved.

My "date" Friday night went well. I had a good time, but I am really not looking for a relationship where I have to spend every single waking moment with someone else. And it seems like anyone I ever go out with wants that from me. I feel bad, because this makes me sound like a mean person and I have really been trying not to be mean and negative. I guess it just comes from growing up as an only child. I spent a lot of time by myself and I liked it that way. I like having "me time" to just sit around and watch tv by myself or be lazy by myself. I don't always need to have someone else around. It's not that I don't ever want a relationship, it's just that I'm perfectly happy with the way things are. That's why, when this guy asked me to come over again on Saturday, I had to say no thanks and explain to him that I don't want to rush right into anything. I think he took it pretty hard and that made me feel bad, but you know what? If you can't take it slow with me and respect the fact that I need some time to myself to do what I want to do with my day, then I guess it's just not meant to be. I am hanging out with him again on Thursday, so we will see what happens. I want to get to know him better, but not by spending every single second of all of my free time with him. I guess that makes me sound pretty selfish...but it will never work if I get suffocated.

Today will be a long day. I'm driving to Toledo for class, then to Montpelier to the eye doctor, and then finally home. There's nothing like spending $20 on gas in one day. I have a feeling the eye doctor is going to tell me that I need glasses for driving at night...which won't make me very happy since my insurance plan didn't offer vision insurance. Let's keep our fingers crossed that these eyes are working just fine. Let's also keep our fingers crossed that my eye doctor never retires. I will probably cry if/when he does. Seriously.

1 comment:

  1. Even though you couldn't/wouldn't/didn't spend the additional time with him it had to feel good that he wanted to spend that time with you. :) It is a little surprising that he would be ready right off the bat to have that time not already planned for. You at least know the type of relationship you are wanting and can create some boundaries. It may seem or feel mean or whatever but you need to have those boundaries well drawn out or people will run all over you. So.... c'mon and give some specifics on this guy. :P How old is he what does he do for work / school.... all that good stuff. :D

    ReplyDelete