Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I'd like to put the "End" in EndNote

I STRONGLY dislike the EndNote software. Although I must say, I am very grateful to my friend, Amber, for letting me borrow the disk to install it for Mac. UT is amazingly ignorant and thinks that every student has a PC. They like to brag about how "convenient" they've made the download and installation of EndNote for their students by making it a link on the myUT website, but really, it's not "convenience" at all for those of us who have a Mac.

Even so, I am getting pretty frustrated with trying to make EndNote add the "et al." into my citations. Ugh. I know it will automatically put this in for APA format if you just add ALL the authors names, but since I typed up my own bibliography, I don't KNOW all the authors names. I only know 3 of the authors and then "et al.," which you should be able to manually add, but I can't seem to figure out how. Nice.

I did manage to find a bright side to yesterday and today, despite the frustration over scholarly project.

Yesterday: My CI from Bryan hospital agreed to be one of my references for my resume next year!

Today: My official certificate came today stating that I am a CSCS. I can officially put those letters behind my name and start designing workout programs! yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment